Hugey's note

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Sirius vs. XM Satellite Radio

Here are my ratings for the sallite radio: ( out of 10 )

Sound quality : Sirius - 7 (due to equipment setup) ; XM (Factory installed in my car) - 9.5

# 0f Channels : Sirius - 9 ; XM - 9. ( Even though XM has more channels available, this is due to number of traffice channels. Siruis combined two cities into one channel, XM has one channel per city ).

Quality of programmings: Sirius 10 !!! ; XM - 6. ( Well, at least for the Christian music channel, SIRIUS rocks !!! ).

Sports : Sirius - 9 ; XM - 7 (Sirius covers NFL, NCAA basketball, NBA, etc.. XM covers MBL and NASCAR --- who would listen to Nascar racing on a radio ???)

Overall: Sirius - 10 ; XM - 5 ( Since I own Sirius stocks !!! )

I have to make decision to either to sign up XM or not by April 1st since I was given two months free trial.

Well, I probably end up signing up for the XM since my Sirius will be confiscated by my fiance for her car...*snif - snif *...