[ Chicago Trip Update ]
Friday – Flew into Chicago. Two of LYK's girlfriends picked us up. Another girl flew out from Cali. The four of us went to Chinatown for lunch and some boba. I finally got to taste the Chicago boba that LYK has been raving about. Hehe. she sure did miss that boba. I ended up getting bananna boba, actually it was just a bananna shake since I ordered w/o boba.
That evening, LYK and I went on a boatride on the Chicago River and Michigan Lake. It was a 2 hour ride. We got the see the city during daylight and also during night-light. It was nice. I just love the water rides. Saw fireworks since it was July 4th.
Saturday – Went to Navy Pier. Went to Hancock Observatory. Took pictures. Many pictures. Since we went to the Hancock, didn’t bother going to Sears Tower. Met up with more of LYK's girlfriends. Watched hours of MTV and headed to Taste of Chicago for dinner. There were soooo many people there. I wasn’t full. LYK wasn’t full either. We got a bit grouchy. Later on the evening saw fireworks again.
Sunday - Was asked to go to church with SY, but LYK and I decided to visit some museums instead. Went to Adler Planetarium. Saw a ‘movie’ there about aliens. I was a bit disappointed with the planetarium. I felt bad for asking LYK to goto Planetarium. Though, I know for people who are interested in stars and space, this would be the place for them. We were about to head to the aquarium, but there was a very long line of tourists. Decided to skip it. However, we did end up taking a bunch of pictures. There’s a part of the museum/planetarium/aquarium circle that looks towards the city skyline and Michigan Lake. It’s just absolutely beautiful. Headed to Billy Goat’s Tavern for lunch. LYK finally got to eat her burger. Billy Goats has the best burger in Chicago. (in her opinion but I must admit it sure was good !!! ) It rained a bit, so we even saw a rainbow! We saw a movie theater on the way to Navy Pier, so we just hopped off the bus and saw T3. Walked to Navy Pier for a bit. Then ate at Heaven on Seven for dinner. It’s Cajun food. Has the best gumbo in town. I couldn’t eat a lot because I had ice-cream at Navy Pier (Bad decision, I shouldn't have ordered the ice cream). We were going to watch ‘Sex and the City’ but we were still eating dinner. Ah well~
Monday – Last day in Chicago. SY had to work so she couldn’t take us to the airport. Got to O’Hare mad early. Ate at Chili’s. We were about 2 hours early for our flight. Turned out, our flight got delayed for 2 more hours. We were just snacking and playing push-push on my cell-phone. SM picked us up from the airport back at home and we headed to Han-Chon for dinner. LYK and I sure did miss Korean food.
Tuesday – My day off to recuperate from the trip. Nuff said.
Wednesday – Surprised LYK w. recorded ‘Sex and the City’ . I love watching LYK enjoying her favorite show.
Overall,
I enjoyed my trip to Chicago very much. It was nice to get away. It was very nice to see LYK's girlfriends finally . I envy the fact that they all live about a block away from each other. Hehe. Also, I was told, I've got approved by LYK's girlfriends. =)
Friday – Flew into Chicago. Two of LYK's girlfriends picked us up. Another girl flew out from Cali. The four of us went to Chinatown for lunch and some boba. I finally got to taste the Chicago boba that LYK has been raving about. Hehe. she sure did miss that boba. I ended up getting bananna boba, actually it was just a bananna shake since I ordered w/o boba.
That evening, LYK and I went on a boatride on the Chicago River and Michigan Lake. It was a 2 hour ride. We got the see the city during daylight and also during night-light. It was nice. I just love the water rides. Saw fireworks since it was July 4th.
Saturday – Went to Navy Pier. Went to Hancock Observatory. Took pictures. Many pictures. Since we went to the Hancock, didn’t bother going to Sears Tower. Met up with more of LYK's girlfriends. Watched hours of MTV and headed to Taste of Chicago for dinner. There were soooo many people there. I wasn’t full. LYK wasn’t full either. We got a bit grouchy. Later on the evening saw fireworks again.
Sunday - Was asked to go to church with SY, but LYK and I decided to visit some museums instead. Went to Adler Planetarium. Saw a ‘movie’ there about aliens. I was a bit disappointed with the planetarium. I felt bad for asking LYK to goto Planetarium. Though, I know for people who are interested in stars and space, this would be the place for them. We were about to head to the aquarium, but there was a very long line of tourists. Decided to skip it. However, we did end up taking a bunch of pictures. There’s a part of the museum/planetarium/aquarium circle that looks towards the city skyline and Michigan Lake. It’s just absolutely beautiful. Headed to Billy Goat’s Tavern for lunch. LYK finally got to eat her burger. Billy Goats has the best burger in Chicago. (in her opinion but I must admit it sure was good !!! ) It rained a bit, so we even saw a rainbow! We saw a movie theater on the way to Navy Pier, so we just hopped off the bus and saw T3. Walked to Navy Pier for a bit. Then ate at Heaven on Seven for dinner. It’s Cajun food. Has the best gumbo in town. I couldn’t eat a lot because I had ice-cream at Navy Pier (Bad decision, I shouldn't have ordered the ice cream). We were going to watch ‘Sex and the City’ but we were still eating dinner. Ah well~
Monday – Last day in Chicago. SY had to work so she couldn’t take us to the airport. Got to O’Hare mad early. Ate at Chili’s. We were about 2 hours early for our flight. Turned out, our flight got delayed for 2 more hours. We were just snacking and playing push-push on my cell-phone. SM picked us up from the airport back at home and we headed to Han-Chon for dinner. LYK and I sure did miss Korean food.
Tuesday – My day off to recuperate from the trip. Nuff said.
Wednesday – Surprised LYK w. recorded ‘Sex and the City’ . I love watching LYK enjoying her favorite show.
Overall,
I enjoyed my trip to Chicago very much. It was nice to get away. It was very nice to see LYK's girlfriends finally . I envy the fact that they all live about a block away from each other. Hehe. Also, I was told, I've got approved by LYK's girlfriends. =)
